Why join Numsa?
1. Is the biggest trade union in the history of South African Unions with 364,144 members, and growing, organising in the motor, auto, engineering, tyre and rubber sectors.
A link to the full resolution on the scope here: Download here
2. Gives you free, professional and legal advice right from the day you join and will represent you at workplace level, at the bargaining council or the CCMA, right up to the Labour Court if your case warrants it.
3. Gives you free membership of Doves funeral scheme as soon as you start paying union subscriptions. Doves will give you, your spouse and your children (under the age of 21) a dignified burial should you die.
4. Provides a bursary scheme for your children to study at a university or technikon for certain specified courses (applications are opened every year between May and August for following academic year).
5. Has fought and won workers’ rights and improved their wages and working conditions since the 1970s and is working hard to stop retrenchments, short-time and factory closures.
6. Trains your representatives/ shop stewards in your workplace to advise, represent and assist you at work with work place related matters.
7. Has negotiated large industry pension and provident funds that provide for you when you are retrenched dismissed or retire and which you can use as collateral to get a housing loan.
8. Has negotiated Sick Pay Funds that pay you maternity benefits and paid sick leave once you exhaust your annual sick leave.
9. As part of Cosatu, takes up issues that affect you at home and in your community like electricity hikes, E-tolls etc.
10. Has links with other trade unions on the continent and internationally so as to build international worker solidarity eg,
11. Has almost 60 offices with 345 staff across the country, all dedicated to ensuring that you, the member, come first!